Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InoculateIT ver6 email notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrotter

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2001
GB
Here at work we just upgraded from Computer Associates InoculateIT 4.53 to ver 6.0.
We also purchased the Microsoft Exchange Option so that it would scan emails coming in.
The one thing that I have noticed though is that under 4.53, you had an option to have the system email the Exchange Administrator when a virus was found.
So far, from what I can tell, that option has vanished under ver 6.0. I cant find anywhere to have it email the administrator when a virus is found. The most it seems to do is put a window on the servers desktop stating that a virus was found.

Does anyone know if this is possible under 6.0? I emailed CA's tech support site twice, but that was 10 days ago, and they still havent responded. Funny how they called back within minutes when I was demoing the software, but once I purchased it, they dropped off the face of the earth.

Thank you,
Brian T.

Brian,
I felt deja-vu reading your post, I could have written it myself. "Ditto."

I dug up somewhere that 6.0 uses Microsoft's AV-port built into Exchange 5.5 (SP3+) or 2k, and therefore is not able to send emails. CAI has not responded to my requests for a workaround. They did, however ask me repeatedly if I was interested in the rest of the eTrust suite.

I've rolled back to 4.53 on my Exchange server, and left the rest of my domain at 6.0. When my InoculateIT licenses are close to running out, I'm migrating to McAfee Groupshield, as they have said that their product has email notification capability (to both administrator and message originator).
-Steve

Oh joy.
All I can say about that is... fooey.

We purposely upgraded from 4.53 to 6.0 just to get some added benefits. Now with this new discovery of the lack of notifications, I dont feel so good about the purchase. We just bought the software about 2 weeks ago, and the upgrade cost was less than $5000, but now I almost wish we would have looked at something else... like Trend Micro.

If you figure anything out, let me know. I will do the same.

Thank you,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back