Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InoculateIT for Netware clients for WIN2000 workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

lls

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
I am running InoculateIT for Netware 4.53 on a Netware 4.11 network with WIN95, WIN98, WIN2000 and now our first WINXP workstations. I have the WIN95 and WIN98 workstations functioning and updating signature files with the Real Monitor. We do periodic file scans and engine updates when necessary.
I do not know what to use to load my WIN2000 workstations. Real Monitor tells me it is scanning both incoming and outgoing files but I cannot find a signature version, nor do I have the option of scanning files. What is the correct procedure for setting up these workstations? I will need to start setting up WINXP also since all of our new computers will come with it.

Thanks

Have you thought of going to version 6.0?
Anyway, the problems you are having have to do with the drivers for both 2000 and XP. Run the setup.exe but BEFORE restarting like it prompts you, install the latest real-time drivers that can be loaded from support.ca.com. This should fix your problems.

I would agree that going to Etrust 6.0 would save you a world of headaches. The only problem is that if you dont have some type of upgrade advantage it could end up costing you some money. In my opinion it would be worth the money even if you had to pay but i know the way the budget goes. Well enough rambling.

You should be able to click summary of the machine from inside the domain master server and view what update the client is at and if a scan is running.

In 6.0 you can right click the realtime monitor in the system tray and say about and it will show you the current sig version.

If you have any questions please reply Thanks
Erik Butler
2000 MCSE
erikbutler@centurytel.net

Hi guys,
Maybe you also know how to make XP/Pro to update signatures from 2k/pro master? InoculateIT 4.53 with latest drivers and patches.
I already resolved the first mystery having to do with policies on XP which prevented 2k from attaching to XP as a privileged user vs. "guest only". So I can manage the member profile from the master. Something still does not allow the signatures to be propagated.
Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Vladimir Mikhelson

Hello All

I had the same probmel when I upgraded some of my workstations to Win2000. I am running Netware 5.1 and InoculateIT for Netware ver 4.53. I downloaded an update file from CA “drvupdi.exe”, after installing this on the Win2000 clients InoculateIT worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Hi Anndy,
Unfortunately not the case. All latest drivers and patches are applied. XP sees 2000, management can be done both ways. Signatures are still not distributed to XP from 2000, only from local download.
Thank you,
Vladimir Mikhelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back