Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InoculateIT 6.0 + seeing clients in Admin interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hi,

I have an NT 4.0 domain with 4 NT servers (one inoculateIT manager and 3 "helper" servers) and win2k clients. We have 2 subnets one admin, one academic. We have all 20 or so machines on the admin subnet being seen properly. we have 60 machines in the academic that are seen, and about 30 that are not (that have the software installed on them)

Those missing 30 are laptops that were built under similar circumstances:
Symmantec Ghosted
Cisco Wireless
Dell Laptops

for the life of me I cannot figure out why these can't be "seen" from the management console, please help.

Thanks in advance!

-Patrick

You need to look at the Wireless Access Point and make sure IP directed broadcasts are enabled. Since the WAP acts as a router, it will block broadcasts through it.

I think the ghosting could be your problem. I also had an issue where machines weren't getting discovered and although ghosting wasn't our problem it was one of the things that CA suggested could cause an issue.

When installed a unique id gets set for the machine. If you then ghost this config onto another machine, it also gets the same id and so doesn't get discovered.

They sent me a utility for fixing this. I can send it to you if necessary, otherwise reinstall the ghosted machines.

You can only see the laptops in the Admin view when the are connected to the network.

iowtech and Schlep are the winners! I downloaded the INOID.EXE file and am able to see all of the laptop clients now! Thanks for your help everyone!

-Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back