Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InoculateIT 6.0 client Realtime monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Some of our users are experiencing PC freezes in MS Word when saving, MS word fails to respond. If we remove the realtime monitor it fine, how can we get around this problem?

What type of scan are you running? If you are running Heuristic or secure, try running a fast scan instead. Thanks,
Vince

I also have this problem (a little biger one).

When I install InoculateIT 6.0 on users machine, they complain that Outlook express freezes when they click send button.

Then I uninstalled InoculateIT 6.0 and everything work just fine.

Any suggestions?

i have not seen the problem with OExpress before i actually use Etrust 6 and OE both work fine ( for the most part!! )
I would make sure you have the latest patches applied to the image you are installing from. there are serveral patches that you need to install on the machine. After i got these installed i have not had a problem.

Also CA support is terrible. I would not bother even trying to call them unless you have a maintenance contract and it is free.

Thanks
Erik Butler
2000 MCSE
erikbutler@centurytel.net

Thanks for your promt replay. I must agree with you about CA support.

At this time I only applied latest realtime driver update(22.8.2002) and I still waiting for replay from users. You mentioned several patches. Witch other patches do you have in mind?

Normally users complained that OE freezes 3 or 4 times a working day and works OK whre InocIT is not installed.

Thanks

I have the same problem with OE6 and ETrust Inoculate IT 6.0
If I am not logged onto the NT server, everything works just fine. If I am logged on and I have realtime disabled, all is fine. If I am monitoring incoming files the system gets unstable and balky. If I am monitoring both directions,(which company policy demands) all manner of nasty behaviour results. On one machine, the majority of the time OE gets as far as the splash screen, and sits there forever. Going to the task manager you find OE does not even exist - and there is no way to get the splash screen to go away short of rebooting the computer. Otherwise the system will "hang" with task manager showing OE not responding, and 100% cpu usage. If left for half an hour it MIGHT come back. Another possibility is it loads properly - possibly a little slow, then stops responding part way through downloading or opening a message.
Along with the other problems this product has had - and it's TOTAL inability to deal effectively with the BugBear situation, I am far from happy with InoculateIT and CA in general. As far as there support goes I often wonder if their agents have even seen the product - and some days even a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back