Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inoculate IT conflicts with Veritas Backup Exec 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkie

Technical User
Apr 29, 2000
CA
Hi,

We use Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 and consistently get errors when Inoculate IT 4.53 for WindowsNT is running. Currently, we shut virus scan down when backup is running. Is there a way to shut the virus scan when backup is running, but restart the virus scan after the backup is done.

thanks

I don't use Veritas but have had a similar problem on one of our servers using InoculateIT & Arcserve. If you can run pre- & post-backup commands with Veritas just stop the Inoculate IT service with: net stop "name of service" before b/u and: net start "name of service" afterwards. (Sorry, I can't remember exact name of the Inoc svce - I'm at home right now - check the name in the svce applet in ctrl panel and try typing the net commands at the cmd prompt to make sure it's the right name - you'll need the double quotes if the name has spaces in).

Thanks pjm,

It worked! I appreciate your help.

Trekkie

Also, this might be worthless since you have found a fix but... I heard through the grapevine that McAfee and Veritas are working together on something. Little information available at this time.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back