Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inoculate and Exchange 5.5 the cause of my information store crashes? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eod

MIS
Feb 6, 2002
US
Lately I have been getting a lot of

"MSExchangeIS (438) Unable to create the log. The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1032. "

followed by:
"MSExchangeIS (438) The database engine failed with error -510 while trying to log the commit of a transaction. To ensure database consistency, the process was terminated. Simply restart the process to force database recovery and return the database to a consistent state. "

At this point the information store shuts itself down. Now I know one of the things I need to do is exclude the exchange directories from my file level virus realtime scanner. We currently run Inoculate 4.5, my question to the other exchange admins is:

Has anyone else used Inoculate 4.5 along with Exchange 5.5? How did you configure the real time scanner to exclude the exchange directories?

Thanks a lot!

There is an article on Technet as well as on Computer Assoc. website telling you how to set up the program to exclude scanning certain files et al.

Even with both articles (which are somewhat conflicted) I still had problems with my directory DB quite frequently. We finally got rid of Inoculan on the Exchange Server and replaced it with Sybari's Antigen--a far superior product.

Ed Becker
MCSE

As for the exchange level scanning I actually have Antigen installed (and I love it btw, 10x better than the Inoculate plugin). I'll check technet for the realtime issues..

Thanks..

We've run Inoculateit Exchange Agent with Exchange 5.5 for two years with no virtually no problems. You should exclude your .chk, and .log files. I looked at our configuration. These files were also excluded .btr, .db, .dbf, .mdb, .mdx, .ndx, .sbf and .txt. The only quirky little problem we've had is when we restart the server or stop and restart the services, the real time monitor options don't give us the option to protect mail which really bugs me out. I've found that if I go into Inoculateit and change one of the e-mail options and then change it back, the realtime gives me the option to protect mail. It probably already is protecting, but I have to make sure for my peace of mind. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back