Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inoculate 4.53 - Specify folders to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

techer

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
AU
I am running Exchange 5.5 on WinNT 4 and Microsoft have advised (Article 245822) that one should never run scanning against the program and database files of an Exchange server.

I know the files I need to omit, however I cannot find where to specify these files/folders in Inoculate 4.53.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Regards

Using local scan you cannot exclude the folders from scanning. But you can exclude the same from a schedule scan job. Basically, if you install the Inoc exchange option, what happens is you will see a golden platter representing exchange server in the local scanner. If you expand the exchange component, you'll list of mailboxes and public folders. So by selecting the mailboxes you can scan the mailboxes which will not scan the M: drive.

Regards
VirusGuru

There is no M Drive on Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT 4. The issue was with the actual program files found under the Exchsrvr\bin directory, etc. The M Drive issue surfaces with Exchange 2000 running on Win2k, because Microsoft has tried to make the information store into a traversable file system structure.

I actually found an article that explained it all - there's a registry key where you can specify the locations for the exchange database files, logs, etc - and Inoculan will avoid them. This was last week though, and now I can't remember whether it was at CA's support site or Microsoft's...?

Thanks anyway!

There are actually 2 articles, one Microsoft and the other Computer Associates.
EB
MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back