Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Initializing a Hunt Group Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

libertyinstaller

Technical User
Jun 29, 2010
US
Hello everyone!
I’m working with a Nortel MICS 7.1 and a Call Pilot 150 with 50 Mailboxes.

I’ve set-up my hunt group, related extensions and created a hunt group voicemail box via 983.

So, here’s my question.

How do you initialize a hunt group mailbox? 981 doesn’t work (I think as I forgot to write it down it) says “Not Available” on the display.

Any Ideas?

One more thing; the hunt group voicemail wants to answer the call but I get the standard message that this vmv hasn’t be initilized.

You must press the FEATURE button before dialing 981.

Marv ccna

I used the feature button, I used the numbers minus the “Feature” button to shorten the conversation.

If you pressed F981 you would never get "Not Available". There are 3 possible messages from the voice mail

If the voice mail is not working you'd get "Inactive Feature" otherwise you'd get a PSWD or LOG prompt.

Do you get the Inactive Feature msg from any other Features? 982, 983???

Marv ccna

Best to be direct and accurate when posting issues.
The first thing I thought earlier today was no such message "Not Available" on the display.

If you had said "Inactive Feature" then I would wonder how come F983 worked for you but not F981?

If that is the case I would try F981 from other sets to see if it works.
Also do F9*1 and go through the codes to see if F981 is in the list.

If not working on any phones then try going into Feature **XFTEST (use config password) and remove the features if can then reboot the voice mail system so they will be added back in.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back