Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Initializing a FLASH 2 Port Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

datajockey123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
CA
I have forgotten the initialization process for the FLASH voice mail.
I Currently have it on port 109 of a CICS and in Maintenance I can see the device on the port but when I try to program the unit through F983 all I get is Inactive Feature.
What is the feature code to get things started?
Regards,
Dan

If the startalk flash 1.9 or 2.0 you may have to do feature 903 first this will give the codes for f980 etc. When you do feature 983 and the word password: comes up you will have to type in the word CONFIG on the phone key pad.

Hello, I had exactly the same problem with the Flash Voice Mail, I got this unit from other location. I had to change Flash VM from 2 to 3 digits, Took me some time to figue out the solution since I had no documentation I am very lucky this Tek-Tips forum exists. First I reinstalled, then initialized the unit and all went well.
The reinstall was easy since I had the 12 password. This is how I did it; first feat 983 120000 OK (since it was a 2 digit) then press 1 then press r e i n s t a l l (734678255)
After the reinstall Feat 983 did not work any more.
Step one) Feat 903, follow the initialization on the screen.
Step two) Feat 983 1020000 works OK,
comes back as 3 digit set up.

Hi
I have a CICS running version 6 firmware and I am trying to get a 2 port StarTalk to connect to it. I have it connected to ext 24 or dn 34, when I try to connect to it feat 981 or any feat code it says inactive feat, when I try feat 903 it say the same thing, any ideas?

Thanks for your help
Randy

When I try Feature 903, I get "Inactive Feature"

Any other ideas?

you could try removing the power to it (10 sec)
enter f985
press 9
type restart

If my memory serves me right, this will completely remove any programming and have it
Then do the f903 thing

The s/w ver point made earlier is valid

Wildgun - If you go into port/dn status are you showing Strtlk on that port as the device? When you say you are on DN 24 or 34 - do your DN's start at 21 and you are on port 104 - essentially are you seeing the device on whichever port it is attached to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back