Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infrared Port on a Laptop with NT 4 Workstation - not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TANKERx

MIS
Jul 19, 1999
GB
I have a laptop running WindowsNT Workstation Version 4.0 and this laptop (as do many) has an Infrared port. Yet, I'm buggered if I can get it to work. I have downloaded what I believe to be the latest IR drivers and although I have two errors in my Event Log each boot, I'm told in the documentation to expect this.<br>
<br>
I need to use an Ericsson World i888 on the IR Port but the IR Port doesn't seem to be working at all, no response, almost as if nothing is there. The phone works with the IR port on a WindowsCE machine. The laptop will not see the WindowsCE machine using IR.<br>
<br>
Any ideas?

I too have a laptop with an IRP running NT. I was informed and have proven that it will not work until Windows 2000. It doen't work with the SR2 release of that either. And yes, the laptop will not see my WindowsCE either.<br>
<br>
Misery loves company.<br>
If you get it to work, please tell me.<br>
Scott

Have you checked the bios to make sure the infrared port is not disabled?

Do you have all the patches for your laptop from the manufacturer/OEM? There may be several updates for your laptop available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back