Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InfoView prompting for login on a report when it shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstangel

Technical User
Jan 31, 2008
I have a report created with an OLE DB datasource. When I run the report in developer on my local machine, I do not get prompted for a login and the report runs successfully. When I save the report out to InfoView and try to view it, I get prompted for a login and anything I enter is rejected. This report should not be prompting for a login at all. I have other reports written against other types of datasources that don't require a login and I have no issues. Anyone have any idea how to get it to not prompt for a login?

So not quite sure what I did, but I tried this report again in BO Enterprise and it appears to be working now when I schedule it.

To be specific, I decided to try it again. I went back to my original reports written against the ODBC connection I had initially created. I reset the datasource location on the reports to the OLE DB connection (which I set using the full server path, eg \\servername\shared\dbfolder). I saved a fresh copy to Enterprise. When I try to run it on demand, I am still getting a prompt for a log in that I can't get past, but if I schedule the report with no log in, it is now running successfully. Previously it was failing saying I had invalid login credentials when I tried to schedule it.

However, any suggestions on how to fix the issue when trying to run it on demand would be appreciated.

When you upload the report to CMC then you need to right click on the report and select Database Configuration. You can enter the login credentials there and select "Use same database logon as when report is run" at the bottom and anyone who runs it in InfoView will not need to logon.

Thanks, but that's part of the issue. The database does not have login credentials to enter so I shouldn't have to enter anything. If I schedule it, it runs without issue, it only prompts for a login if I try to run it on demand.

Hi,
Be sure your Jobservers ( report and program) are running under an account that has full rights to the database location and files.

On Demand uses the Report Jobserver while Scheduled ones use the Program Jobserver.

( Assuming BOE and not CRS.. For CRS configure the SIA instead.)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Yes, using BOE and the job servers were one of the first things I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back