Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infoview Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commandolomo

Technical User
Sep 3, 2004
GB
Hi everyone

My company is soon to implement the use of Infoview for colleagues’ across the corporation, and I was wondering whether anybody has had any experience of using Infoview, and if so has it been a positive / negative experience? Any potential pitfalls?

Regards

That's an awfully general question.

We use InfoView extensively. We have hundreds of users and are quite happy.

Can you be more specific?

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

I apologise! I work for a management information team for a Public Sector department, and we are soon to roll out Inforview across our dept. I have been asked at the 11th hour to come onto the project, formerly taking on my role next week - I wanted to get some background info from current users so I am someway armed before I start!

Currently a team create and run normal BOb reports, then .pdf and email the Adobe files to managers. We are moving onto Infoview, and I understand that one places reports in a form of portal / domain, and users can only refresh and print out said reports - they are unable to amend or create new one. Is this correct? I had a very ropey 10 min brief on Monday, so I am feeling my way in the dark at the moment.

I was just wondering where there were any particular issues, at the macro level of implementation and distribution, which anyone has experienced? Overall, is Infoview much improved over the previous BOb solution of Reader?

Cheers

The only difference between InfoView and Reader is the interface.

With InfoView you can set up default pages view that simply make the user experience much more intuitive than the old reader. Other than that, it's the same.

If you build WebIntelligence reports, you can provide some users with the ability slice and dice the reports as well.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back