Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Informix System Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2004
US
Is there a way to query the last time a table has been modified or load with in an Informix database (version 7.2)?

Thanks

Hi,

The following SQL statement returns user defined tablenames and their created or modified date whichever is very recent:

select tabname, created from systables where tabid>99 order by created desc;

Regards,
Shriyan

Thanks, but this looks only to be a date in which the table structure has changed, which is one of the things I was looking for. But do you know of a system table that keeps track of the last time the data with in a table has been update, deleted, or modified?

Hi,

Informix database server does not store information with regard to when a table has been inserted, updated, or deleted using DML SQL statements, as far I know. If it is a requirement at your application, I would suggest you to introduce an additional date or datetime column to store this information. Alternatively you may think of creating a separate master summary table to hold these information. The possible structure of a table may look like:

1. tablename varchar(64)
2. operation char(1) (I)nsert,(U)pdate,(D)elete
3. user name varchar(64)
4. effect_date datetime
so on ...

Regards,
Shriyan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back