Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Informix standard engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokesh123

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
US
I am using standard engine and while running a program with cursors, I am getting SQL error code 271.
I checked the error description but cudnt resolve it.
during the cursor run, out of the 248 records that its supposed to insert its inserting 212 and then it gives this error and exits the program.
Any advise?
thanks

The ISAM error associated with that is 121, I checked the Log file and there is almost 80% free space. Still it says cannot write log record. Any idea what else could be the problem. This is very urgent. Thanks

Lokesh:

Sorry, It's been years since I've used SE, but ...

As far as not being able to write to the log file. Have you made sure the user executing the program has write permissions on the log file? I don't mean to elaborate on the obvious.

Regards,

Ed

Hi Thanks,
Actually it was the problem with the index file. I just had to rebuild the index and the problem got fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back