Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Informix roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyrag

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
PH
Hi,

We're currently using Informix SE 7.25 and i want to know where will we be going in the next 3-5 years. Where can i find informix roadmap documents.

Thank you.

Hi,

I got this site for the Informix product lifecycle,

The EOM (End-of-Market) and EOS (End-of-Service) columns of the table presented has the value 'TBD'. I tried to search in the page the meaning of 'TBD' but found nothing. I suspect it stands for 'To Be Discontinued'? Does anybody knows what does 'TBD' mean?

Thanks,

Perhaps "TBD" means "To Be Determined"? meaning "we're not going to offer any new enhancements, upgrades, or features but we haven't determined an end-of-support date for the product yet.

Just a guess

What I heard from my team and seniors was that Informix will be there in the market for some more years and IBM will be supporting it for another definitely for 5 years. And our senior manager has asked us to get certified with Informix at all levels[and of course other databases also].
You can call IBM and ask for a offcial version of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back