Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Informix error 25572

Status
Not open for further replies.

tungaw2003

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
PH
Hi,
I'm running a delete from table, however, all of a sudden, there was an error displayed. It shows "134: ISAM error: no more locks er read to fetch next row.". I tried to add "lock table tablename in exclusive mode"., however, it's still the same. Because of the error, i shutdown the database instance, but when i tried to start it up, i cannot start it up at all and the error is listener-thread: err = -25572: oserr = 0: errstr = : Network driver cannot bind a name to the port."

Can you please help me on how to resolve this problem?. I have the /etc/services and $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts configured correctly.

Thanks a lot,
tungaw

Something is still attached to the port, probably the a user running dbaccess or the application. Shut down the application that connects to the database, and run 'ps -aef | grep dbaccess' to see if any dbacces sessions are out there. Kill them if they are. Run 'ipcs' to make sure no shared mem segments are attached. If they are, use the 'ipcrm' cmd to kill them.

I've already found it through "ps -aef|grep -in dbaccess"

87:informix 1566 1475 0 17:27:06 ttyp1 00:00:00 grep dbaccess

what is 1566 and 1475 column?. Which one is the semaphore?

Thanks a lot.

1566 is the process id for dbaccess
1475 is the parent process of 1566. Probably the process id for the shell.

Hi,

but this is not a running dbaccess, its only the grep from your command. If you don't want to see it in the result you can add "| grep -v grep" to your command. This hides the grep in the result
The semaphores you can only see in ipcs and you can kill it with ipcrm <sem-id>.
But take care, if there's a running instance you should not kill the semaphores, because the db will crash then.
Is the port you've choosen in /etc/services once in that file or is there a misbehaviour with another software running on that port ?

hth
Uwe

Thanks,
But i have a lot of INFORMIXSERVER configured on this machine. when i run ipcs, it shows a list of semaphores for informix. I can use ipcrm, but where can i find the semaphore to remove?.

Uwe,
Can you help me solve this problem?. I executed
$ ps -aef|grep dbaccess|grep -v grep. Is it correct?. ipcrm is used to kill an ipc, however, i do not know where can i find the ipc number or semaphore coz I have a lot of Informixserver configured. Sometimes it work, sometimes not at all.

Thanks,
Ronald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back