Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvlaRiJuAnA

Programmer
Aug 17, 2003
GB
Is it possable to find out what someone has been upto on a home computer even though it's been formatted?

How would one go about this?

If a drive has been formatted then all of the information on the partition is gone. If the drive was set up with multiple partitions then there is a possibility to recover some data.

Ok, so if i had 3 partitions(primary, logic and some other one) and i used FDisk to delete all 3 and create a new Primary partition etc, would i still be able to recover data?

Gone

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Yes you would have to open the partition before formatting. If a partition is removed with the information you want to recover then the data is lost. There is no way to recover formatted data unless the system was backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back