Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information Store won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandouglio

Technical User
Aug 26, 2003
GB
When trying to start the information store I get:

Access violation (0xc0000005)
Address: 0x6ff205ed

Also

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly

I have tried reapplying SP4 but it didn't work (got the above errors again).

I then ran eseutil /mh on the databases and it said they were inconsistent.

What should I do?

i tried to run eseutil /r on the information store but got the same access violation again. i am getting very confused by the whole thing. Help

i also get access violations when i try to run isinteg. what do access violations mean anyway?

Can you post the entire contents of any applicable event log entries? I'll see what I can decipher.

It doesn't seem to be writing any of the errors to the event logs.

Started off with the Information store not starting after a reboot. when you start the information store a doctor watson pops up saying

An application error has occurred. An application log is being generated (doesn't generate one)

Exception: access violation (0xc0000005)
Address: 0x6ff205ed

Behind that a window pops up saying

Could not start the Microsoft Information Store on \\servername

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

I then tried running eseutil /g /ispriv /v /x

When I did this it said my database was inconsistent and came up with errors like the ones below

page 3076309: empty page (0xa)
error -1206 at line 3039 of G:\ese97\src\ese\repair.cxx (8 of these)
node [1147794:23]:subtree check (page 3076309) failed with error -1206 (3 of these)
Operation terminated with error -1206 (JETerrDatabaseCorrupted non-db file or corrupted db) after 295.265 seconds

I then ran eseutil -mh on the three edb files which showed that the pub and priv where inconsistent but the directory was consistent.

Next I gave eseutil /r a shot but it didn't run at all it came up with the same access violation as at the top except with eseutil.exe instead of store.exe.

Finally I have tried isinteg with all of the tests but got the access violation message on isinteg.exe instead.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back