Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information Store stops responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

khayam

Technical User
Jan 7, 2002
DE
Hi everybody,

We have used the Database Utilities ESEUTIL and run offline defragmentation above Information Store Database on Exchange 2K Cluster Serve with SP1. The operation completed successfully and we won 17 GB. Exchange Server worked fine and there was not any Problems.

After 2 days, every day for one time stops Information Store to responding and we get an Error with Event ID 9582. We have to restart all Exchange services to correct this issue.

Has anybody any Idea?

Hi,

Yes i did it, but it was not helpful.
Server starts with /3GB switch. We have this Problem just on one node, On second Node works everything ok.

Hm,

are there other Third Party Products on the node(s) installed ?
Is it possible that you have different AV-Scanners on the nodes (AV-Signatures, Scan-Engines)?
(Maybe there is an update to resolve the problem)

What type of cluster do you run A/A A/P ?
How much RAM is installed in every node ?

I fond another note to this problem
-> but i also found messages that say this problem occurs since Ex2k SP2 and not before.

I think a way to find out more of the leaky problem is the Performance Monitor or the Task Manger with Virtual Memory, Page Faults, ...

Good Luck

olli

Hi,

There is not any other third Party Product installed.
It is A/A Clust, with 4Gb Ram on each node.
I did it (Performance Monitor) and i found, that the first Node has a Problem with Network.
I will do some Experience and let you know.

if somebody has valuable experience with SP3 on Exchange 2K Cluster Server Please let me know.

thx
khayam

Hi,

we have exakt the same Problem. And nothing do fix that Problem. I think, SP3 is best Way to fix that Problem. You schould try that.

Let me know.

Good Luck

Hi Maxel,

i will try it and let you Know.
Do you have experience with SP3 on Exchange 2K Cluster Server?

is it necesary to Update DC with Sp3 too?

thx

Khayam

check it:

XADM: Event ID 9582 Occurs Immediately After Cluster Failover (Q325467)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back