Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information on the Procurve 2848 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbown

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2003
NL
I need to purchase a switch that will allow me to span ports, I have only used un-managed 2124's up till now. Can anyone tell me whether the 2848 will allow me to do this, and if possible a brief explanation of how (i/e Command Line, Telnet, Console, GUI etc..)?

Thanks

Hello Elbown -

When you say you want to span ports, do you mean that you want to 'team' or 'trunk' together two or more ports from one Switch to a 2nd switch or two a computer?

Regards,
Ralph

Hi there ralpheb, thanks for your reply.
I want to use the 2 NICs on our server with the same ip address through two ports on the switch and treat them as a single connection, therefore increasing the throughput to the server.
Hope that makes it a bit clearer

Regards

Elbown

Hello Elbown -

You are designing trunking between the PC and switch. The Switch 2848 supports trunking. For details, see ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/59906023e01-Mgmt-ch10-Port_Controls.pdf .

Regards,
Ralph

Thanks Ralpheb
I will go and have a read of it
Elbown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back