Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebacon

Vendor
Jan 10, 2005
US
Can anyone tell me if I can assign a information mailbox a DID number. This needs to work through CCR using the transfer option. Currently if I call the information mailbox number DID I get a canned response that says " the person you are calling is not available " and then I get the greeting table # 1. I am a PBX tech. and know very little about the BCM.
any help will be appreciated!!
also the documentation says the information cannot be an extension, how can I make this work. The customer wants someone else to be able to make the changes to the info. box greeting that is why we can't make it a transfer node.

How is the ringing assignments set up? If you have an extension call fowarded to voice mail it will take the extension as the follow on ID if the extesion does not have a mailbox. If the general delivery mailbox is enabled it will go to the general delivery mail box.

You could set up your AA to send the incomming caller id number to a mailbox node on your CCR tree. The mailbox you choose would be the target info box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back