Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

information from harddrive from another

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahway

Technical User
Jan 1, 2004
US
hello. i have two harddrives both with xp how do i get my outlook express 6 information to(new) master harddrive from(old) slave harddrive? such as inbox and sent items.

If you have both drives connected to same machine, just use the import option on the new master drive and navigate to something like \Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{8F3E6D09-D093-4109-BD58-0F3EEB4810A8}\Microsoft\Outlook Express to import from.

Or you could copy the files in that folder to the equivalent folder on the new master...

Just use the menu in Outlook and make an export file, put it on a floppy and import it into the other computer.

in the tools menu, you go to option, there is a maintainence tab, that is where you would select the mail store location, change that to the new drive location, and restart outlook express

jcck2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back