Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Informatica 6.1 Performance issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitesh02

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
US
Hi,

Recently we have upgraded to 6.1 .. My mappings are running very slow compared to 5,1 version. In mappings , I have noticed that there are more than 2 aggregators are used.

Can any one help on improving performance of my mapping.

I have tried all sorts of thing at mapping level.. but I feel there will be some parameter which needs to be configured.

Please help.

Thanks,

Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

Try using the sorted input option in source qualifier.
If sorted option is used then the Informatica server assumes that all data entering an Aggregator transformation are already sorted into groups that correspond to the Aggregator’s “Group By” ports. As a result, the server does not have to read the entire data source before performing calculations. As soon as the Aggregator detects a new unique group, it performs all of the calculations required for the current group, and then passes the current group’s record on to the next transformation.
Selecting Sorted Input often provides dramatic increases in Aggregator performance.

Hey r u the same Hitesh who is working for Patni?

-Prashanth

Try recalculating the index and data cache sizes of the aggregators based on the data-set size you are working with. This should help. Let me know if it works!
r.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back