Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InfoPrint Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinny

Programmer
Jun 29, 2001
US
Is anyone using InfoPrint Server? If so,I have a few questions.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply. I am just getting started with InfoPrint Server. I have used InfoPrint Design for about a year now.

We have AS400 using Client Access and InfoPrint Server. My goal is to create a report on the AS400 and have the product automatically email to destination. Impossible?

I have been able to send an email with an attachment from the AS400, but if you have suggestions or tips on automating this, it would make my day.

Thanks

Jinny

Here is the flow .....

Setup a queue ...... define a logical destination with the job attributes... you can define a hotfolder (picks up job from a directory) and next you define a device
which instead of a printer would be in this case a fax machine

So in other words any files in directory xyz are sent to logical destination fax the job is then routed or sent to the device which is the fax machine.

.Hope this helps...Roy

Good morning, i've justly joined the forum.

I am trying to use Infoprint designer, and i have some troubles.

Is it there anyone wou could help me ???

1 - I need to print everything black and white, but the company's LOGO i need to print it whit a certain blue, when i try the printer does not print it.

2 - Where to learn to use the conditional processing, i've learned to use diferent layouts with a trigger on some data, but i want to print bar code in a work order, and the lines with the operations code to print whith bar code is variable, i have a column with the operations code to print, in some lines it exists something, in other lines there are blanks which i don't want to print, but the system prints the blanks with the bar code i have selected and the result is very beatifull but not what i want

Thank you in avance

jpimenta:

Color support is going to be VERY printer dependent. In general, you are going to be limited to IBM's basic OCA color scheme which is very limited. If the colored logo is important, then your best bet for success would be to print the document via PDF conversion (assuming you have Infoprint Server installed, running & licensed). Then you will get full color fidelity.

In regards to the conditional processing, you would need to control the printing of that operations barcode with conditional processing also. In other words, if the barcode data is blank, then you would want a page format used that did not print that particular piece of data.

This can be tricky if you have other condtions already in place. You might have to set something up as a condition that will trigger based on multiple conditions. If this is still unclear, send another post & I'll try to be more explicit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back