Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info on split database

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdtit

Technical User
Nov 4, 2001
BE
Hey,

I've split my database using the command in the access toolbar.

It seems that the main database is checking the original place of the linked tables database; I copied both db's into another directory, and when starting the main database, I got an error " the database linked to c:\verhofste\kassa\systemdata.mdb could not be located".

Is there anyway I can check/change the link to the table database from the main database ??

(I had this error, because the systemdata and main database were installed in d:\verhofste\... for testing purposes.
When moving both to c:\verhofste\... everything worked fine.

However, this means I always have to make sure that when creating my dbases on a development machine and then copying to an installation cd, I have to put it in the production-directory first.

I just wanted to know if this could be changed somewhere.

Regards,

Peter

If I'm understanding your question correctly, try this--open your fron-end database. Go to Tools, Add-Ins, Linked Table Manager. Choose the tables for which you want to correct the link. Be sure you check the box at the bottom that says, "Always prompt for new location." As the link for each table is updated, you will be asked to re-direct the path for the link. This should help you out.
BTW, I have learned the hard way that it's easier to create the database, move it to the shared drive, then split it. Fewer problems with linked tables that way. (Not to mention re-assigning security levels after you move everything.) Anyway, I'm still a novice. There may be a better way that I don't know about.

Nivlac

Dear,

I tried it out and it works !!!

Another issue solved...

Thx,

PdtIt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back