Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info on security/login prototype... 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindPete

Programmer
Jul 5, 2000
US
I have read many threads which have mentioned VFP and security (or lack there of) I have read vague descriptions of solutions. Does anybody have a link to an artical I could read about security in VFP, or where I can look at a security model prototype?

We are starting up a new project in March and I would like to enhance our current pidly security/login capabiltes.
-Pete

Hello.

I don't know if this helps, but there is one article in the MSDN, named "A Visual FoxPro security system", published originally in FoxTalk, written by Les Pinter, which implements a Novell Netware-like security system. In MSDN is located in "Technical" entry, chapter "Visual Tools".

Hope this helps.
Grigore Dolghin

Pardon me....It includes ample documentation.:p
Jon Hawkins
jonscott8@yahoo.com

The World Is Headed For Mutiny,
When All We Want Is Unity. - Creed

Hey! -- Not all Republicans are fat... Not that I'm an exception or anything.... --Dave

I'm especially fond of the security you can get from MTS with its declarative or programmitc security with NT. If you're running on NT you can't beat it's integrated security (only hack it :eek: boooo :) )
Ellen Whitney had a great article in CoDe magazine on it. Hopefully my days of only using FoxPro monolithically (new word?) are numbered. This enterprise shtuff is coo ! John Durbin
john@johndurbin.com
MCP Visual FoxPro
ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

Pete, also Doug Hennig published a VFP App Security article in FoxTalk in April of 98. Providing Customizable Application Security I looked it up on MSDN but they nuked FoxTalk articles before 1999 now. John Durbin
john@johndurbin.com
MCP Visual FoxPro
ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

Thanks All... That is pleanty of info, conservative, liberal, moderate or otherwise!;-)
-Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back