Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

info about ISG card

Status
Not open for further replies.

lele222

Technical User
Sep 20, 2007
IT
HI All
anyone have some documentation about ISG card?

I have an ISG but it dont boot, and the status led is always red

Can you help me?

thanks

3.3.3. Installation
The following procedure is executed :
1. The ISG is powered up and the internal boot package is activated.
2. The ISG issues a DHCP request for an IP address on the network. If the DHCP server fails,
then go to step 7.
3. The DHCP server should supply the (fixed) IP address info together with the address of
the TFTP server, if it fails then go to step 7.
4. The ISG issues a request to the TFTP server and asks for the file prebisg.txt. When found
the file prebisg.txt is sent to the ISG, which reads the file name of the application package.
If it fails, then go to step 7.
5. The ISG checks if the received file name of the application package differs from the current
loaded application package, if so continue at the next step, else continue at step 7.
6. The ISG issues a request to the TFTP server and asks for the file of the SW application
package. The file with the compressed SW application (=operational) package is loaded.
7. The ISG checks if a compressed SW application is stored in its memory if it is the case the
ISG decompresses the SW application package and loads it into the working memory. If it is not present then reboot.
8. The ISG will start the SW application (= operational) package.
9. The ISG reports a "board present" signal to the iS3000.
10. The ISG will wait for the "in service" command sent by the iS3000 via the PMC.
11. The ISG issues a request to the TFTP server and asks for the file isg_trunk.sdp.
12. The isg_trunk.sdp is sent to the ISG, which reads the information and stores in its memory.
If the TFTP server fails, the (existing) data is used.
13. From this moment on the ISG will apply the settings found in the isg_trunk.sdp.
14. The ISG is ready to make/receive calls.

MEANING LEDS
GREEN RED
No system power or defect on-board power Off Off
PMC not operational or no operational package or Internal test active Off On
Operational package running and waiting for commands from PMC On On
Communication with PMC On Off
Software downloading via IP-connector Off Winking

boot package is present ? and operational package too ?

Hi bftel
I have a strange problem because my problem start when I do an update of my isg during TFTP transfer the comunication go down, and only half file come on my isg, now the result is that only red led about power is on.
nothing activities on ethernet port nothing request ( I look with a sniffer)

Please any idea is a good idea :D

Hi lele222.

Do you have a DHCP? And what kind of DHCP? Remeber option 66 (next server).
And if you are working with old software also option 67 (bootfile - empty but active).

Hi PhilipsIS3000

I used Tftpd32 Service Philippe Jounin with dhcp functions
and I tried also with tiny dhcp server. I will check for option 66 and 67 asap.
Thanks

HI All,
I do some test and nothing appened
The ISG appear complitly dead only with red led turnerd on.
Connect directly to my pc with eth cable I can't see the eth activity, I puted it under eth switch but same result.
I think is a serius problem..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back