Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infinite login 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbarker

Programmer
Sep 8, 2000
US
I have an infinite login problem when trying to access a report from the web. When I run it from designer, standalone, the connection is made fine, but whenever I access from the web, I am repeatedly asked for login and password. It also runs fine over the web using Access as the database, but I get the infinite login when the same report is
used with SQLServer. I have been trying to solve this problem for about 2 months now, and I have pursued every possible solution mentioned in this
forum, all to no avail. It seems to be connected to using a query, since if I just
write a report with the query imbedded in the report, everything works fine. But
when I put a Crystal query in, that's when I get the infinite login. [sig][/sig]

I seem to remember this question, but I don't remember the Crystal Query angle.

I assume that you mean a QRY file created with the SQL editor. When you say it runs fine against an Access database are you saying that it runs fine when the QRY is pointing to an Access database? I assume so, becuase you can't convert a report form a QRY to a database and back again. That driver conversion isn't allowed.

This test might help isolate the problem. Try saving the QRY with it's data. If the report runs fine with saved data, then you know that you are getting access to the QRY and for some reason not getting past it.

However, if you get the login loop again, then you are not getting access to the QRY itself. A different problem.

Let me know what happens, and I will try to find out if there are limitations on web reports reading QRY files. [sig]<p>Ken Hamady- href= Reports Training by Ken Hamady</a><br>[/sig]

Tbarker,

I also found three issues in the Crystal Knowledge base that relate to your problem. The first is most direct.

[sig]<p>Ken Hamady- href= Reports Training by Ken Hamady</a><br>[/sig]

Okay, I saved the data with the query, but I get the same problem. Thanks for helping with this! [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back