Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inexpensive IP and WiFi Phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scmhc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2006
US
What IP and WIFI phones work with Avaya IP Office 412 system. I was told that Avaya is all proprietary and the UTstarCom F1000G will not work. I have Cisco AeroNet access points. Are there any inexpensive $100 IP or WiFi phones that work with Avaya? We are a small non-profit charitable organization -- translation no money.

I was told that Avaya is all proprietary

Not true!

The IP phones are H323 based, which is a standard protocol (the digital phones are proprietary)

However, Avaya require an end point licence for each non-avaya IP end point. These cost nearly as much as a base IP phone.

Is there any reason why you have to use IP? DS or analogue may be a cheaper option

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I was thinking of IP primarily because I have buildings that have network connections either through a cisco access point or a 100mb fiber cable. The underground phone cables are damaged. 95% of my campus is analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back