Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Individual status in subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

nq

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2002
AU
I have a db with 3 tables: tblStudent, tblPlacement and tbl Reports.
There is a main form displaying each student record, within the main form is a sub-form displaying every placement the student has had. Within each placement record in the sub-form there is a button. When the button is clicked, a simple pop-up form is displayed that allows the user to enter a date, comments and a boolean tick box for "report received".
There is only one (or none) report per placement but there may be several (or none) placements per student.
This works well.
I have a need to place a "report received" indicator in the sub-form to indicate if a report has been received for each individual placement displayed in the sub-form. This could be a tick box or text box displaying "received" on every record.
I have tried Dlookup but directly a report for a student placement is detected, ALL indicators for that student are displayed for every record in the sub-form.
I would appreciate any indicators on how best to approach this problem.

This boolean field should be in the underlaying query.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

The query for the sub-form would have to be based on tblPlacement and tblReports.

This will only return results when there is an entry in both tables. Initially, a student may have a placement but no report. Therefore when displaying the student, if the sub-form was based on the query and not the actual table, no placement would be displayed because no report exists for that placement.

Thanks PH.

Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back