Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Individual Pie Graphs on Multiple Rows as Percents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phwrd

MIS
Apr 19, 2000
US
Some experience with sql,on crystal 8.5. New to MS Access and crystal 9.0. Have tried this with both configurations.

Have multiple rows of data, same unique id, different row names, am pulling a string out of a memo field and converting to number. Managed that.

Can either update dbase or create a formula to store the number minus 100 so that the two combined always equal 100. As in Percentage.

i.e. Field 1 20,60,80,0
Field 2 80,40,20,100
Field 3 Field1+Field2 always equals 100

Have rows with varying numbers, all add up to 100. Trying to create a pie chart for each row of data to be inserted into a sub report, layered onto an ole graphic.

If I choose to group on each column name (unique), I end up with 14 graphs in a 3 x 4 configuration, I need each pie graph to be independent so as to move them on the appropriate space and tag (not auto label) them accordingly.

How can this be done in crystal 9 with Access (weak on the formulas but learning) or can this be done at all ?

Thanks in advance,
Pat

to create individual pie cahrts you will need to seperate the fields out by creating a group i.e.

Field1 Field2 Total
Group1 20 80 100
Group2 60 40
Group3 80 20
Group4 0 100

This will allow you to create a chart in the group footer or header which will display data for each group.

I need each pie graph to be independent so as to move them on the appropriate space and tag (not auto label) them accordingly.

This will not however allow you to move the charts anywhere you like on the report.

Hope this gives you a something to start with, but I feel there is more detail behind this than you have sahtred with us.

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Sorry for the lack of info, trying to place 14+ individual graphs in the report footer based upon data in the details section, currently grouped on distinct field.

Trying to translate the following sql command / concent into crystal 9 formula language ?

'select @number1,@number2 into @a,@aa where @testname='ABC'

@number 1 is the result of a numeric calculation in the report.
@a is a number, no decimals, parsed from a memo field and converted into a number.
@aa is a number, no decimals, that is the result of 100-@a.
@testname is the result of a parsing of a memo field.

Crystal formula language doesn't like a where statement.

I need 14+ different variables for testname, specific number1 and number2 based on the individual test names.

This is being badly attempted within crystal 9 on a access 2000 database. I don't want to add fields to the database and i would likt to accomplish this without a subreport if possible.

Thanks again for any help you all can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back