Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Individual email to clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

deebeetoo

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
CA
How can I tailor/send out an email to several clients individually in 1 shot but yet make it appear as if it was sent only to each one i.e. have each clients email address only in the To field for instance.
Do I need a third party software?? or how can I go about building one in VBA for Word/Excel??

I write an ASP (VB) script to do this. Basically, it is a loop and pulls email/name from a database, merge it with a newsletter and send it out.

You will need a COM object for the sending of mail. You can use either ASPMail (avail for download) or the built-in CDONTS object.

However, I'm pretty sure you can also do the same using VBA on Outlook. Write a VBA Script that polls your Contact list and generate a mail using the Outlook object.

regards,
- Joseph
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Watches ~ Jerseys ~ Pen ~ Handbags ~ Clothes
-- How E-Commerce Transforms The World --
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

If you don't want to get to technical, you can use the BCC option , which is a blank carbon copy option. You would just enter all the address' in the BCC field and the email would show as comming from you but not show to who all it was sent as TO does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back