Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INDIVIDUAL authorization code

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIN1

MIS
Feb 12, 2004
KH

Could someone tell me what is different between INDIVIDUAL
and common code. and how to set individual code

i already set my common code but i need to lock for each extension with diferrent password.

Thanks

You can set an AUTHORISATION code in following ways:
1) AUCOI: AUTH=123456,CILCOD=234500,CAT=8,CSP=8,CHECK=NO;
2) AUCOI: AUTH=123456,CILCOD=234500,CAT=8,CSP=8,CHECK=YES;
3) AUCOI:AUTH=123456,CILCOD=234500,CAT=8(or CSP=8),DIR=2345;
3 is what you are referring to as individual, me thinks!!
In 1 and 2 the user would dial *72*123456# for authcode dialling. The difference in 1 and 2 is that in 2 calls can only be made from extension 2345 (check =yes) the last two digits could refer to an individual user on extension 2345.
In 1 the auth code can be used from any extension or from DISA. The user can also lock and unlock the extension based on EXCCP using *73* and #73*. Also the user cannot change the PIN.

In 3 Authcode dialling is *75*123456# from extension 2345 only! However authcode dialling can be used from any extension or DISA using *75*123456*2345#. User can also lock/unlock extension and can change the AUTHCODE. This version of authcode is also used for freseating.

Hi!
There is two kinds of auth codes .
One is regional .
And one is cenral .

The difference in initiation is:
Reginal:
AUCOI:DIR=1234,AUTH=9999,CILCOD=5678,CAT=15;
Central:
AUCOI:AUTH=5723,CILCOD=2333,CAT=1,CHECK=YES;

You will see that regional has binding to DIR.
Central has not .

Difference:

Common authorization code (Central).

This is a code that does not have to be connected to any directory number in the system, the codes are stored in a common data base. The authorization code can however be limited to one telephone. The authorization code cannot be changed by the user.
This type of authorization code is suitable when there is need for a code that can be used from any telephone in the system or for visitors that do not have their own extension in the system.
If an ADN-extension is using the common authorization code the categories will be updated from the ODNs common authorization code.

The common authorization code provides two different functions:

- Locking/unlocking of an extension.
When locked a lower class of service is used.

- Authorization code dialling.
This enables the calling party to use other class of services than those the extension is programmed with.

Individual authorization code (Regional).

This is a code that is always affiliated to a directory number in the system, the codes are stored in a local data base in the same LIM as the directory number.
This type of authorization code is suitable when there is need for a code that is used by only one user that mainly is using the code from the own telephone and wants to change the code now and then. However a individual authorization code can always be used from own or other extension.
Individual authorization code can be initiated on an ADN-extension.

The individual authorization code provides three different functions:

- Locking/unlocking of an extension.
When locked a lower class of service is used.
This procedure are not allowed from an ADN-extension.

- Authorization code dialling.
This enables the calling party to use other class of services than those the extension is programmed with.

- Changing the authorization code from the telephone.
This enables the authorization code user to change the code when suitable.

Hope this helps to clear up this issue .

Best regards
///Syar

Thanks alot for your advises now i can fix it

Cheers
Chrin1

Cilcod is call logging code for calls made with * 72 etc.(centrtal code) or * 75 etc. (regional code). Cilcod is put in string towards call logging application (like Tabs).

Dir is indeed internal number and only applicable for regional authorization code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back