Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INDICDATA data file as source input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridharan

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
IN
i have a file exported using bteq in indicdata mode(.EXPORT INDICDATA FILE=abc)…. when I try to use that file as input for mload/tpump it gives me an error saying record too short even though i have defined the field exactly the way it is defined in the table…… when I use data file exported in normal data (.EXPORT DATA FILE=abc) mode it works perfectly in mload/tpump….. for loading those indicdata exported file i'm using bteq again to populate tables but it very very very slow.... cud anyone suggest me some good alternative.....

You can use FASTEXPORT utility in FORMAT FASTLOAD and MODE INDICATOR. The FastExport can also generate a MLOAD script for you which you can use after basic modifications.

rohit,

many a thanks. but my problem is i already have a file exported from BTEQ in INDICDATA mode and i don't want to again export using FastExport since my source file is already there... i didn't get your second opinion that FastExport can create MLOAD scripts.. i haven't heard about fastexport creating Mload scripts... in case u've used that feature i would appreciate if you can share that with me....

regards

sridharan

You can use the fastexport script to generate the corresponding multiload script..here is how to do it ..

.logtable mylog;
.logon mytd/usr1,usr1
.begin export
sessions 4;
.export outfile out.dat
format fastload
mode record;
mlscript script.mdl;
sel * from t1;
.end export;
.logoff;

The above fastload script generates the corresponding multiload script(script.mdl). You can modify the generated multiload script with the TDP name etc..and can load your data very easily!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back