Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Indexes, Virtual Hosts, Shared Disks, and Networker not making indexes

Status
Not open for further replies.

draymer72

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
US
I have a few machines that have a virtual host and shared disks in cluster configurations. I would like to save the shared disks info under the name of the virtual host so it would not matter which server the disks reside on. The actual machines/clients will also back up info that is not on shared disks as a seperate client. Ex...

ServA and ServB share virtual node ServC and disks...

I want ServA&B to back up OS related files and ServC to have the shared disks backed up under it's name...

This works to an extent... the problem is that the index for ServC is never written and I get full backups of the shared disks every night... that is a problem when I am backing up almost a terabyte... a night... on the shared disks alone (ouch)...

How can I make it so I can acomplish this? Is it even possible or do I have to set up ServC as an alias on the other 2 clients and go from there? Any help will be appreciated...

BTW... running Networker 6.1.1

Hi!

I belive that the networker 6.1.1 is not cluster aware do to dds support. I dont know if it works but try running a older version of networker that has cluster support.

Legato Networker 6.1 Power Edition support clusters. If you are not running the Power Edition, you can Purchase Cluster Client Connection Licesnes. The admin Guide talks in length about configuring clusters.

mkeane

Legato Networker 6.1 Power Edition support clusters. If you are not running the Power Edition, you can Purchase Cluster Client Connection Licenses. The admin Guide talks in length about configuring clusters.

mkeane

Not sure if this answers your question, but here goes.
If you have virtual clients defined in Networker that you want to only back up the relocatable file systems, then in the client setup add the command 'save -c client_name' (client_name is the vitual client) to the 'Backup command' setting. This tells Networker to write the indexes to the virtual client.

Thanks Barks... I think that hits it exactly... some Legato folks mentioned it may be a LAAM issue too (but not quite sure how)... I will try that and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back