Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Index vs Definity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouiseF

Technical User
Oct 10, 2002
GB
Hi

Can anyone help I've been asked to research the benefits of Index over the Definity and I don't have a clue on the Index
can anyone help ?

Thanks ;)

When adminsitering the INDEX it is all menu based so no need to remember commands that you will only use once a decade. The handsets are far more user friendly with features on the handset such as diverts pick up groups time outs can all be administered on the handset by the user to their preferecne. The INDEX has all the functionality as far as I know as the definity ACD it can integrate with different voice mail systems -IVM, SELTEK etc. INDEX can also intergrate with call loggers wall boards. I'm sure will will find the INDEX system a far easier switch to set up and administer howecer the definity is more scale able and can handle more calls as it is a bigger system.

The INDeX is good, but the Definity is more reliable. If the processor of the INDeX goes, you have lost all the data. Even if you do a kermit upload of the info, which is not always the easiest way to do it, you will have to do this daily, where with the Definity, it automatically saves it to ATA flash card. Definity has the option of two processor but the INDeX can't.

The good points are all mentioned by colby007.

Definity has 500 features and the INDeX has much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back