Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INDEX QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1982

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
GB
Any help would be appreciated on this as i dont know the index that well.

I basically have an Index200 connected via a DPNSS link to a mitel 3300 switch. A user on the index is attempting to dial ext 1289 which lies on the mitel - this successfully works. BUT if he uses the lookup on the index and presses the call dss key for ext 1289 it doesnt call the user

On the index the user is programmed in the directory as at remote node, they have a name and arent x directory

Can anyone advise
cheers

You are trying to use a feature that is and INDeX proprietory enhancement

It will only work INDeX to INDeX.

hmmmmm, it works to other users though on the mitel switch??????????????????????????

Use Super Node number on the INDeX.
Then create the users on the Mitel as users on the supernode.

Havn't worked with Index for a long time, but I think when you dial extension number it looks in the routing digits table, and when you use the Index directory it goes through ars.

Could always try a trace on the linecard to see what is happening? If you need a copy of the manual then let me know, I've got up to 9.1 to hand in a pdf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back