Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Index page must be php -- any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogaman

Technical User
Oct 26, 2006
US
I have an index page of a site that must be php due to a section that has to be updatable. (I am using content seed for frontpage.) Does anyone know of a workaround, redirection, whatever to make the index page load as the home page?

ANY suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

That depends on how your server is set.
They are usually set to load index.html or index.htm, but can just as easily be made to load index.php.

What type of server is it? Apache, IIS?

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

yes i believe it is apache linux...if you change that setting would it change every site they host? i have the admnisitrative password for the host server....is there any other workaround if that does not work out?

The default document for an Apache-served website can be set at the server level, the virtual host (a.k.a. site) level or directory level. It depends where you put the directive. The directive is [tt]DirectoryIndex[/tt], but the nitty-gritty details of where you put or change such a command is better asked in the Apache forum (forum65)

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back