Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Index files are getting full

Status
Not open for further replies.

sx3

Technical User
Jun 27, 2003
GB
Running NetWorker 6.0.1
I am running out of disk space on my Backup server and several backups are failing due to the index files being full. The retention/brows period is set for a month. I have tried to remove the oldest cycle on some servers but having only 29 MB of free space on the drive that Legato is installed, will not help.
I however have 30 GB of free space on another drive.
Can I change any registry edit or change any configuration to direct the indexes to a different drive
Or
Move the current file indexes to a different drive.
Thanks
SX3

You just have to :

Stop Networker services.

Copy the Drive1\nsr\index\client to Drive2\nsr\index\client

Start Networker services.

Must Display hidden attributes in Options >> Customize.

Edit the client setup. There's a filed called "Index path".
Change it to "Drive2\nsr\index\client" and Apply.

It should be OK.

Try to launch a restore of that client and a cross check index operation. You can delete the old "Drive1\nsr\index\client " directory.

It works without any problems and you're able to move only some client file indexes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I have done as sugested and no problems so far.

hi,
Why i can't find a field called "index path" at client setup? My networker's version is 6.1.1.
Thanks.

As sdeb said - you must make the Hidden Attributes available for your purpose.

BTW, sdeb described the Windows solution - on UNIX you have to do that for each window separately: open the resource window, then select Details from the View menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back