Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InDesign - Retain Color Background on Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodonnellICT

Programmer
May 30, 2010
US
I have created a new InDesign document and used Swatch color to change the paper to black.

I then added my text and images (text in white).

When I export the document or attempt to print it, I lose the black background and so my document prints/exports as white background and my white text also disappears into the white background.

Is there a way to retain the background color on Print/Export?

Thanks!

Is there a way to retain the background color on Print/Export?

Maybe, but this is the wrong forum so you are unlikely to find your answer.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

forum818

I'm waiting for the white paper entitled "Finding Employment in the Era of Occupational Irrelevancy

It would seem that if you changed the Paper color to black, the program expects the printer to have black paper in it. But then you may have the issue of finding White Toner for a printer.
To get a printout of your white on black page, you may need to do a screen capture (Alt-Print Screen, paste into something else) or use SnagIt and paste into something to print. Expect to use a LOT of black toner or black ink turning a white paper black.

Fred Wagner

I've been down that road before at home (ink), when one of us printed something that had a black background... and didn't realize it was printing both foreground AND background! Yeah, I was shopping for ink the same day or the next! [banghead]

I see our mainframe types doing documentation here, complete with screen shots of Green letters on Black screen. their terminal software lets them change colors - I used to set them up with dark blue letters on gray background - but some folks are tied to the legacy look!
Our network MFD's are color laser, and nobody's objected to the toner use yet.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back