Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InDesign/Illustrator/Acrobat all went corrupt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriszti

Technical User
Mar 27, 2007
US
Hello,

Since this morning, InDesign CS2 won't even start on my machine. I simply get the "Windows encountered a problem" error. This is after several uninstalls/installs, a Win XP update, and a very knowledgeable person manually cleared my registry. Still the "Windows encountered..."

To add to this, my trial version of Illustrator CS2 started getting application 0000 errors AND I noticed that some PDFs that I posted over the web were corrupt in my Acrobat Reader. (Acrobat 7 seemed to fine.) And my Photoshop CS is fine.

I think the whole thing started when I tried to create a PDF out of a file that was made with MS Excel trial version. I did this in Acrobat.

So, obviously something major is broken when I can't even reinstall the product.

Any help is appreciated.

-Kriszti

Well, to make things worse, I just infected my laptop with the same problem by trying to open an ID file from my desktop machine.

Sounds like a total reformat of the computer might be in order.

In case anyone is still reading this, all my problems were due to a corrupt font! Removing the fonts I installed right before my problems started fixed everything. The Adobe support rep told me that corrupt font will crash INDD faster than anything.

Now we know!

Hi

That's strange because I had a similar problem just a couple of days ago. Photoshop CS2, Acrobat, and Indesign CS2 all started to act weird.

Tools in Photoshop wouldn't function, Acrobat wouldn't create PDFs, and Indesign was freezing up all the time (something it never did before).

In addition my computer just seemed really doggy.

I removed and reinstalled all three programs, (had a lot of trouble getting it to reinstall Photoshop it didn’t want to read my old disk for confirmation of ownership, I actually had to reinstall an earlier version to get it to work) when I finished all three programs run fine and my computer is back to normal, quick boot up, snappy actions etc.

I have no idea what the problem was but I’m glad to have everything back to normal.
I have not installed any new fonts, in a long time.

One hurray for Indesign every time that it crashed and forced me to reboot my computer it recovered the job I was working on, I remember PageMaker and having the job I was working on disappear. I got so that I saved every job that I was working on twice every time I saved, so that both files couldn’t be corrupted.

Glad you solved your problem.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back