Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InDesign CS3, osx 10.5.3 won't ungroup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzfar

Technical User
Jun 12, 2006
US
Hello;

I am using a mac and InDesign CS3. When I group something, it will not allow me to ungroup. This is trying both the short-cut command, Shift/Command/G and using the object drop down.

Any idea why? Any solution?

Thanks

Allene

Try quitting ID, trash prefs and relaunch ID.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

I did this, and it did not work. I was thinking... "duh" that is it! But after I did this, I still cannot ungroup.

Any other ideas? Anybody?

Thanks

Allene

Select it with the white arrow tool (direct select tool) then cut it out and paste it back down in the same place, Edit>Paste in Place.

It could also be a compound path, rather than a group.

Check Object>Compound Path>Release

maybe?

OK...

The using the direct select tool, cut and paste in place worked. It was not a compound path.

Any idea why it is doing this in the first place? Every time I group I encounter this.

Thanks

Allene

The only issue is, that this is with ANY indesign document I have. Not just the one. I start a new one, group, then am stuck again.

I have a text box, then an image box. I use the selection tool [black arrow] and drag around all objects. Either that or I have clicked while holding shift.

I then have tried clicking G and Shift or Using Object>Group.

yousendit is asking for an email address?

It works fine for me.

Try disabling the plugin smartlayout and see if that helps?

That's the only thing that I can see is different.

In Help>Configure Plugins and disable the plugin. Restart indesign and open up one of your files.

If you can ungroup ok, then it's something the plugin is doing, or perhaps you have to use a setting in the plugin to ungroup your object.

I'm not familar with the plugin though.

When I go to help and configure plugins I do not see an area to disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back