Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Indesign book

Status
Not open for further replies.

garykford

Technical User
Feb 26, 2008
GB
Is there a way that you can see the difference between files in a book, like splitting them into sections or using colour to differentiate between the files. As a list in the indesign book they all just look the same.

Thanks Gary.

Not really Gary. Although that is a great idea!

Usually I just name the files in a way that is easy to identify from looking at the book.

I usually stay away from section names, chapter numbers or numbering the document.

Sometimes, Chapter 11 needs to go to Chapter 2 and it's a pain to have to change the file name, remove the file and add it back in.

So I generally just go with the name of the chapter.

Admittedly I do have to keep a list beside me of what chapter is what number, it's usually in an Excel file or something similar.

Thanks Eugene,

I had a funny feeling that that would be the answer, but thanks anyway. Lets hope that future versions will incorporate something.

Regs, Gary.

I agree. It would also be great if you could see the spreads somehow in the "book-list"! (For example a slightly different shade of gray as background for page 2-3 than for 4-5).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back