Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incremental Search - question to faq184-3842 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

german12

Programmer
Nov 12, 2001
DE
I found this nice code written by Craigsboyd in 2003.
After I changed it a little bit (no randomized filling, but using my own .dbf as source) the program still works well and very fast.

Then I tried to look in the help-file of VFP9 what "DoCreate" (see below in yellow) means, but did not find that expression there.

Question 1:
Can somebody explain the meaning of "DoCreate = .t."for me?
Question 2:
Would the program be shorter today because VFP9 probably came much later?

Thanks for your answer.
Klaus

Code starts with:
Incremental Search - Like Help Index by craigsboyd faq184-3842 Posted: 6 Jul 03 (Edited 18 Feb 05) Slighthaze = NULL It works good in help so why not give your users the same ability for your application? NOTE: There is a small delay when running it since the list of entries is being created randomly. (Cut-n-paste the code below into a prg file and run it from within VFP) PUBLIC oForm oForm = CREATEOBJECT("clssearch") oForm.visible = .t. DEFINE CLASS clssearch AS form Top = 1 Left = 0 Height = 473 Width = 287 [highlight #FCE94F said:
DoCreate = .T.[/highlight]
Caption = "Incremental Search"
WindowState = 0
Name = "clssearch"]

Peace worldwide - it starts here...

Screenshot_2023-08-30-19-46-21-258_com.google.android.youtube_atstvp.jpg

Hi Gisish,

This seems to work very nice indeed. Where can I find the code, class or sample form to take a closer look? I happen to work on something somewhat similar, but without a searchbox. My solution currently works by capturing keyboard input and use this input to search in the selected grid column (most of my grids have multiple columns that can be sorted ASC and DESC per column by clicking on the column’s header).

Regards, Gerrit

Hi Girish,
The program is remarkably good.
I would also very much like to know something about the code.

Thank you for your contribution.
Klaus

Peace worldwide - it starts here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back