Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INCREASING TOUCH TONE LENGTH ON CICS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHONMAN

Vendor
Apr 26, 2002
US
I'M HOOKING UP AN ANSWERING MACHINE TO AN ATA ON A CUSTOMERS CICS WHILE HIS FLASH IS IN FOR REPAIR. I THOUGHT IT WOULD WORK REALLY GOOD. BUT IF WHEN I DIAL THE ATA EXT. THE MACHINE ANSWERS BUT THE PHONE DOESN'T SEEM TO DELIVER A LONG ENOUGH TONES TO ACCESS (TRIP THE MACHINE) TO GET MESSAGES, IS THERE A WAY TO PROGRAM LONGER TOUCH TONES? I WAS UNABLE TO FIND ANYTHING IN PROGRAMING.

Phonmancps@comcast.net
SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

you can't make your access code to your ANSWERING MACHINE cause you reach it by an internal call. The Norstar know that's an internal call and he don't regenerate any tone after a complete call (ring and answer). You can try with Feature 808 and after some second you will have a long beep tone. If it doesn't work you just have to access your A-M by a external call but you have to use to lines at the same time...

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the reply, I'll move the answer machine to his desk.

Phonmancps@comcast.net
SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

Long Tone should work because it is going to an IATA.

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back