Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increasing the maximum recording length beyond 1 hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

klubar

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2007
US
We frequently record client interviews that exceed 3600 seconds (1 hour). Asking users to restart the "record" session after an hour is inconvenient--and they often forget. Is there any way to increase the limit beyond 3600 seconds. It's not space issue as we have a ton of space available on the VM server hard drive. In our business, process interviews and conference frequently last 90 minutes or more.

On a related issue... how do most people handle transferring records from the VM Server to a file server? We need to archive the records, and sometime edit highlights for inclusion with our presentation.

Right now, I've added a share for the VM directory and run the record file though an encoder (to compress it--.wma voice). After I've saved it on our file server, the user can go into VM and delete it. The process is somewhat a pain in the butt.

I cant take the credit, this is courtesy of TLPeter from one of my earlier posts where he provided this useful information.

Change the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Alchemy\Voicemail\
Directories\ MaxRecordTime

Max is 7200 seconds!

That's not possible, but you can give the a recording button so they can start/stop the recoding when it's needed.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Contactstore is an Avaya product that is a archiver and compressor for recordings.

Don't think that setting worked, it still will be 3600.

Avaya_Red.gif

I have heard of recordings that exceeded one hour by changing the registry setting. I have never tested it.

But like cargoski says, contact store is way better! And it's encrypted.

Avaya_Red.gif

Sorry im wrong at the encryption part.

Avaya_Red.gif

I dont think either solves the 60 minute problem either (and they're not free). It isn't a big deal, just an annoyance... and I've added the one-button access.

I'll try the registry hack and report back... I wouldn't be surprised if it's set back to 3600 if you ever go into the screen.

Neither ContactStore VRL nor Chronicall VRL will solve that issue as the calls are still recorded by Voicemail Pro. It is only after the recording has completed that VRL compresses and archives the recording.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I agree. Although I am always concerned that anyone can listen to any recording in Xima unlike ContactStore where you can specify who can listen to what.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I get that. But not everyone should have access to listen to calls from say the Human Resources manager who may be talking to someone about terminating an employee but they should be able to listen to a call center agent. With Xima it is all or nothing. Minor limitation and certainly not one that stops me from pushing their product but one to be aware of.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

I've already talked to Cody about it. They say it is coming.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back