Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increasing MM ring duration on 2.0 systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

john82

Technical User
Mar 24, 2006
US
I recently was playing with caller apps and built one with three steps.
1.to my extension
2.to my other extension
3.To my cel phone (it rings an exported station that goes to cover and the first point of my coverage path is a cover remote to my cel phone....whew!)

So I wanted prompt three to leave the message in the cel phone VM not MM. Hoiwever everytime I called MM would pull the call back and say we are sorry the called party did not answer. Mind you, If I turned the cel off... boom prompt three goes right to the cel VM.

So I sucked it up and called Avaya Support, after about a week they finally got back to me and informed me I needed to add an entry to the reg file on the primary MAS. Here's the goods.

Add this to the geneva folder where you find three other things that start with TUI.

Add a new DWORD to the folder and name it TUIRingCount. Right click and go to the properties of tuiringcount change the format to decimal and enter a value between 4 and 10. MM is hard coded with 4. It is recommended to start with 6 and work your way up to 10, testing the whole time. You only want the TUI to ring long enough not too long.

That's good know. Thanks for sharing the info john82.

Regards,

Seezer

john;

are the changes dynamic, or are some restarts required prior to testing?

thanks for the info.

The changes are dynamic, they do not require a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back