Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increasing Key Size in a work table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigo13

Technical User
Apr 4, 2001
US
Is there any way to increase the key size in a work table in BizObjects? I'm pulling lots of customer data (names, addresses, etc), and I keep getting an error that says I've exceeded the maximum allowable limit of 600.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

The universe you are using has a maximum number of rows limit set. This could be your problem i.e. its set to 600, alternatively it could be a database control thing. In any case the only thing you can control in BusinesObjects is the paramater of the universe which limits number of rows and max execution time

Indigo13,
Bobward is correct. If you wish to look at the parameters in your universe, you can go to Parameters under the File menu and click on the Controls tab. It should tell you there if you are limiting the number of rows returned.

B

Thanks to BobWard and bmacman...I appreciate the quick reply. If I understand BobWard correctly, I'll need to get into the DB and reconfigure the work table size on that level. Thanks again...

You can change the usinverse parameter in the designer module of businessobjects not in the database. Open the universe up, goto file, parameters and controls and youll see the options. Dont forget to export the universe after you have updated the controls.

godd luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back