Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increase size of Pop Up form

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimPen

Technical User
Mar 28, 2011
ZA
How can I set the size of a "Pop up" form using vba?

When it opens, not all the fields are visible and I need to manualy increase the size of the form.\

Thanks in advance
Tim

How are ya TimPen . . .

I don't see the need for VBA since you have to experiment to get the final values ... and this is more of a set & forget type of affair. The technique is dependent on changing any property in design view, which sets a flag for saving.
[ol][li]Open the popup in [blue]design view[/blue].[/li]
[li]Set the [blue]Allow Filters[/blue] to the opposite of what it is now. Tab off the line. Tab back and change it back to what it was.[/li]
[li]Make sure the [blue]Border Stype[/blue] property is set to [blue]Sizable.[/li]
[li]Open the form the view toolbar button (on the left).[/li]
[li][purple]Perform your manual sizing/positioning here.[/purple][/li]
[li]Close the form with the X close button and reopen.[/li]
[li] The form should come up with the new sizing. If not repeat the procedure (or for further trimming.[/li]
[li]Finally open the popup in design view and set the [blue]Broder Style[/blue] property to [blue]Thin[/blue]. This will prevent users from any further sizing/positioning.[/li]
[li][purple]Done![/purple][/li][/ol]
[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Thanks Aceman, but this does not work

TimPen . . .

Hmmmmm. Step 4 is pretty important as you don't want to save until you resize/reposition.

Was there any step you couldn't perform? Note: I ran thru the steps in 2003 with no poblem and is typically how I do it.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back