Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect .zip file type, restore as 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmoncreek

Technical User
Sep 27, 2007
US
Restore as gives me the same error message - Incorrect zip file type for this operation in Act v8 for workgroups. I unzipped the file to a directory, and the named .pad file was not located so that did not help. Does anyone know of a workaround? Thanks

Thank you Mike. I have unzipped (again) the backup.zip to my backup ACT folder. I have done a thourough search, but do not find the .adf file. There is a RESTORE_PAD file, and many .BAK files, but no executeable file. Could the backup be corrupt if those files are missing?

Because it's a SQL file, it's not stored as an ADF... you can just extract it that way

Have you tried making another backup?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

I have three backups from recent to old. Only the oldest will properly restore as. How do I identify the SQL file and extract as ADF? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back